Please select To the mobile version | Continue to access the desktop computer version
View: 773|Reply: 6

Just installed 911PO on B922.... apps no longer work

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-10-18 05:19:41 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have my GT King installed in my car as a tochscreen media center, navigation, android auto, etc....
I was running an old version of the firmware, and finally did the update to 911PO. I'm finding that a lot of apps no longer work.

Android Auto is no longer compatible with the device and cannot be installed
Google Maps will not work.
Car Agama launcher no longer has ability to set permissions for notification access..."this feature is not available on this device"

What is going on here??

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2020-10-19 09:42:26 | Show all posts
Can these softwares be used normally before the upgrade? What is your previous firmware version? How did you upgrade to 911P0?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-10-21 10:17:55 | Show all posts
Yes, they work great with 907P0. I was also using the Alvatech rom as well and they all worked great. I'm thinking the Gapps version is the problem??

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 2020-10-21 19:07:46 | Show all posts
TraxtarXKR replied at 2020-10-21 10:17
Yes, they work great with 907P0. I was also using the Alvatech rom as well and they all worked great ...

We will test these apps on the 911P0 version to check if they can be used normally

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 2020-10-23 02:01:36 | Show all posts
Thank you. The error with agama car launcher occurs when a media player is selected "pandora, for example" and the launcher tries to interact with the app to show song information, and play/pause/next/previous control. The app needs permissions to do this, which are no longer available in the recent firmware.

The android auto is not available to download from play store anymore, because of an 'android version' issue. I am not running the android TV version... just the standard android interface.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 2020-10-23 20:50:41 | Show all posts
TraxtarXKR replied at 2020-10-23 02:01
Thank you. The error with agama car launcher occurs when a media player is selected "pandora, for ex ...

See if the version of android auto you are looking for is available for download here..
https://android-auto.en.uptodown.com/android/versions

OR
Just google around for the one one want and istall the .apk package from any file manager.
Hopefully when installing that way, the box will ask to set proper permissions.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
 Author| Post time 4 day(s) ago | Show all posts
Edited by TraxtarXKR at 2020-10-27 04:17

Yes, but I should NOT need to sideload a major app by Google.
There's also still the problem of permissions restrictions for my launcher I'm using... This was never a problem until I updated firmware. The launcher I'm using should have permissions to get song info and control play/pause of media apps like Pandora or Spotify. It cripples the entire user experience without it... especially because I'm using this android box in a vehicle as my main media source and OBD-II interface with the bluetooth module I have plugged in.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Sign up

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list